Friday, August 20, 2010

Grateful For Fall

I have a "hate~love" relationship with August!!!  I love the feel of the air, even though it is extremely  HOT...it still has that "feel" of whats to come...I LOVE that!!  August also means that it's almost the end of summer here in Michigan....fall will come and go and next thing you know its cold and dreary...we can go days without sun...I hate that...guess I had better enjoy it while I can!!

This morning I was thinking I have all these SU wheels, I love them, but never seem to use them much, so I pulled out my "Bright Blessings" wheel, ran it thru "Old Olive" ink, then punched out 3 scallop circles with my SU extra large scallop circle punch...kind of neat how none of the "punching" was planned, it just worked out!  Because I punched 3 circles, I decided to make 3 fall cards!!  I will list the supplies used under each card...all supplies used are Stampin' Up!...if you are interested in buying any of these goodies, just let me know and I can help you out.  I think I am going to have a "wheel Wednesday".....every Wednesday I will create something with a "wheel"...lets see how long that lasts (first I have to "remember" to do it...)..LOL!!

Cardstock: Soft Suede, So Saffron, Very Vanilla, Ink:  Old Olive, Soft Suede, So Safron, Cajun Craze; Old Olive Satin Ribbon, Linen Thread, Falling Leaves Stamp set, Bright Blessings Wheel; XL scallop circle punch
Cardstock:  Old Olive, Very Vanilla, Ink:  Old Olive, Soft Suede, So Saffron, Cajun Craze; pumpkin pie grosgrain ribbon, Stamps:  Falling Leaves,  Define Your Life;  Bright Blessings wheel, XL scallop circle punch

Cardstock:  Soft Suede, Very Vanilla,  Ink:  Old Olive, Soft Suede, So Saffron, Cajun Craze;  Stamps: Falling Leaves, Bright Blessings Wheel; Extra Large Scallop Circle Punch, Modern Label Punch , retired certainly celery ribbon (just because it was laying on my desk!)

2 comments:

stampinfrog said...

Diane all three cards are gorgeous!Fabulous card layout and love the embossed layers!
I am so looking forward to the fall weather!I want to be done with this humidity!!!
Have a great weekend!
Hugs,Connie

Kelly said...

OH Diane, these cards are awesome! Great fall colors and I love what you've done with the wheel. We won't feel fall in the air until sometime in October...about the time you get your first snow...lol!