Monday, July 30, 2012

SUMMERTIME

Okay, I should be doing a million things to get ready to leave....
but here I am doing a challenge....
I could not resist, as when I saw the challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs was
"Hot Time In The Summer"
the first thing that came to mind was my newest Cheery Lynn Die
"Polynesian Sails"

I decided to "think outside of the box" so to speak....
I cut out the larger, intricate die on white cardstock and sponged
VersaMagic Aegean Blue, Sea Breeze chalk inks and Memento Dandelion on it....
I cut the little doily from red CS, folded it in half, added a punched banner for the sail...
the stamped sentiment is a Unity stamp...
the background was embossed with a bubble folder....
I think it turned out kind of "sweet"!

well, that is really it for me this week...I need to get packed!!

11 comments:

Lisa said...

This is so creative and beautiful, Diane!! I love how you sponged different colors on the die and the sailboat is so clever and fabulous! Love it!! :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Donna said...

Great work Diane, love your super cute summertime card.
Thanks for playing this week at Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge blog
hugs

Sandy Ang said...

how unique your sailboat ! Love that die-cut frame

Ros Crawford said...

So sweet ... love the frame and the little boat ... enjoy your holiday!

Tamara Morton said...

Beautiful card, love your colours and your use of Cheery Lynn Dies.
Thank you so much for joining us at Cheery Lynn this time..
Hugs
Tamara

Kelly said...

Very creative! Love how you sponged the die frame!

Jodi said...

sooooo cute!!!! I love how you colored the large doily, and using the mini for the bottom of the sailboat is genius!!! Thanks for joining in the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs!

Unknown said...

Whawt a fun way you created your sailboat! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge!
hugs,
Gini

Kianel said...

Super cute card and such a lovely little boat!
Thanks for joining us at Cheery Lynn designs challenge this week!
Good luck for the draw!
Love from France, Kianel.

Jeannie from PolkaCabana.wordpress.com said...

This is such a unique card! I am s glad you entered our challenge on the Cheery Lynn Designs Blog! Great Design, Great Colors...Love it all!

Jill Norwood said...

This is so adorable!!!! I just love the way you used the dies!