Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Autumn Splendor

Do you get on Pinterest??
It is so addicting and there are so many talented and creative people ....
I saw this frame on Pinterest awhile back and loved the simplicity of it....
I had bought a bunch of old frames several years ago at a yard sale.....
put them in the barn and kind of forgot about them....
I have since fought the bats~mice~and squirrels and went upstairs in the barn to retrieve them!!
 
 
I painted the frame with some of the "samples" of paints Lowe's now has
in little jars for $2.94...have you seen them.....
they are perfect for projects like this and will be having the "fall" colors soon....
I bought numerous jars of the Spring colors and a few of the Summer ones....
anyhow, how did I get so sidetracked??
I cut my leaves with a Tim Holtz Alterations leaf die....
glued them on with a hot glue gun....
I actually made 2 of these and gave one to my Mom....
I am entering this in the "Decorate To Celebrate" challenge "Autumn Splendor"
 
 
I am into "simple" decorating this year and I like it!!

6 comments:

Nana said...

Beautiful. Love the way you strung the leaves across the frame. Very festive.

Nana
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
Email Me

Carol's Creations said...

Stopping by from DTC and this a goreous piece to have on any mantel for fall...great job! Gotta love those sample paints!

Carol (Carol Creations)
4evercarolscreations.blogspot.com

Ros Crawford said...

This is so pretty ... I love to see altered crafts ... and yes I too am a Pinterest fanatic!

Darlene said...

WOW this looks fabulous Diane! What a clever idea and yes, I'm a Pinterestaholic too!! LOL!! Thanks for sharing this fun idea and hope you're having a fabulous day!
HUGS from OHIO

Lisa said...

This is gorgeous, Diane!! I love how you strung the leaves across the frame!! So absolutely beautiful!! I'm on Pinterest but I haven't had time to just browse around :( Love this my friend!! Happy Wednesday :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Something Special said...

You have a delightful blog here. I thank you for visiting and entering my giveaway. I love your cards, and the crochet mermaid costume is adorable. Did you make that? The little one in the costume is adorable too.