Friday, February 15, 2013

Red Negative

Did my "title" make you wonder...lol!!
I have been seeing lots of cards around "blogland~Pinterest lately
using the "negatives" from their die cuts.....
I have quite a large group saved up of these.....
and have to say the "fanciful flourish" from Cheery Lynn Designs  
is one of my favorites!!
 
 
This very simple card was made quickly with the flourish negative
and a SU flower I had colored and cut out long ago
and pulled from my bits and pieces I am trying to use up.....
I am entering this card in the challenge 132 at Papercraft Star this week
to use "red"....
and at CASology week 31 to use "red"

 
I think I will be back later with a few more things to share...
have a nice Friday!!
and before I go.....
 
I was a bit excited to see my card "here" was chosen as one of the Tuesday Trigger
winners from the Moxie Fab World...what a pleasant surprise and honor.....

And also as an honorable mention at City Crafters with my card "here".......
it is so appreciated!!!!!
 
and as always...a garden photo to share...
 
 
as well as the pesky deer... crossing our creek on the bridge
to get to my gardens!!!
 

13 comments:

Sylvia said...

Lovely card, Diane, great use of the negative! Thanks for joining in the fun at the Papercraft Star this week.

Mihaela said...

Gorgeous card, Diane! Love it so much!!!

kathyinozarks said...

lovely card, we have lots of deer too and we love watching them-they do devour our gardens but it's worth the view-enjoy the up coming weekend Kathy

Lisa said...

What a gorgeous card!! Perfect use of the negative!! And the pictures are so pretty!! The deer are beautiful, but they do enjoy gardens :/ Happy Friday :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Meghan said...

Such a clever take using a negative die cut. It is spectacular! Glad you joined in on the fun at CASology this week!

Ardyth said...

I like that you've used both a negative and a positive die cut! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week!

Judy1223 said...

Diane, that is one of my favorite Cheery Lynne dies...I love how you used the negative space! Thanks for playing along at CASology this week!

Rosemary said...

Gorgeous card! I really like how you use the negative image combined with the flower! Thanks for playing along with CASology!

Sian Ridley said...

Ooh, I think I'm going to have to try this! The negative die cut looks so cool and just by adding a little bow and the flower you've got a complete card - awesome! :) congratulations on your achievements too, you should be proud of yourself ;)

Ros Crawford said...

Oh your card is so lovely Diane ... I love the negative ... Thanks so much for playing at Papercraft Star! Many congrats on your wins too and I just adore that picture of the Deer .. Oh how I wish we had them too!

Jen W. said...

Love the way you used the negative die cut and popped up the flower! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Love the use of negatives - something I need to try!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Papercraft Star.

Deanne :)

Darlene said...

FANTASTIC Diane! I actually used the negative to this die when I first bought it and haven't thought to do it again until just now! THANKS for inspiration! Looks AWESOME and I always LOVE seeing your flower gardens and 'livestock'!
I picked up 4 projects to do for JoAnn Headquarters today so it's going to be a busy week! (need to be done & returned by Monday ... eeek!)
HUGS from OHIO! and thanks for sharing your beautiful creations! LOVE 'EM!