Monday, June 10, 2013

Vintage Buttons~My News~And A Shout Out

This is going to be a bit longer post then usual.....
First , I want to share with you my card  for the challenge at "Shopping Our Stash"
I have to say, I LOVE this challenge, as the rules are to always use your stash
nothing new, and boy oh boy do I have the stash!!
This week the rule is NO patterned paper of any kind.....
 

I have a lot of SU colored card stock, but find myself using mostly whites, cream or kraft
for most of my cards, so am trying to make myself use colored cardstock.....
I used a Sizzix Vintage Embossing folder with SU Wild Wasabi CS
The little button card you see I made about a year ago and it has been patiently
waiting for me to use it.....
you might think it has patterned paper on it, but it doesn't.....
the gingham you see, is a gingham stamp from Papertrey Ink
as well is the button card.....
the paper buttons are Sizzix Buttons #5 and are stamped as well
there is a scrap of old lace, scrap of ribbon and a lavender safety pin I
received in a swap about 2 or more years ago....using stash...yeah!!
Give this challenge a try, it is so fun!!

Wanted to give a shout out of thanks to Shopping Our Stash for honoring me
last week in the Top 3
and also a shout of thanks to City Crafters for making me a "spotlight artist"
for week 161 burlap

And now for bit of news:
I will be a guest designer at the Classy Cards Blog for the months of August and Sept
I feel so honored to guest design once again and will put forth my best projects...
I hope to see you there in a few months...but...
in the meantime...from NOW until Sept 30th, I have something for you....
by using the code DIANE-10 at the Classy Cards and Such online store
you can get a 10% discount on your purchase.....
if you visit my blog on a regular basis you know I use a ton of the Cheery Lynn, Memory Box and Poppystamps dies.....these dies can be purchased at Classy Cards and Such with the
10% discount!!  But there are plenty of other wonderful products to be purchased as well...
Oh..and you know else??
She only charges ACTUAL shipping on your orders...
I love that, as sometimes "the budget" only allows a thing or two...
so there you have it...check out the online store...use the code and have fun!!

6 comments:

Darlene said...

WOW! What awesome news ... CONGRATS on the GDT spot! I'll be watching for your creations and join in when possible!
I will pop over and check out what Classy Cards & Such have available that I 'just can't live without' ... thanks for sharing the code for the savings!
Talk soon ...

Dianne said...

Brilliant card with no patterned paper, love the embossing and the button is beautiful, fabulous use of your stash. Your work deserves to be on the guest design team,maybe a full time thing soon, I'm so happy for you, you go woman. Thanks for sharing my friend and have a wonderful creative day..

Lisa said...

Congrats on your guest design spot, Diane!! How exciting!! Your card is so beautiful!! I love the colors and the embossing!!

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Glimpses of My Heart said...

This is such a great card! Proof that DP is not needed to make a wonderful card! I love the embossing folder you used and the safety pin in the bow looks great! Thanks for sharing this with us at Shopping Our Stash this week!
Blessings,
Michelle

Ros Crawford said...

Terrific news! Well done to you and I am so happy for you! I love your card ... Great take on the challenge Diane!

Kristi said...

Congrats, Diane! You deserve it so much! I can't wait to see your beautiful creations!