Saturday, November 23, 2013

Dream

Okay, first I have to say, this is not my usual style, not by any means...
but when someone puts a challenge out there, I had to jump right in!!
 
Not only is there a challenge at Papercrafters Corner for Magazine Monday
using the cover shown below, but my friend Dar challenged me to do it....
how can a girl resist.
 
 
I looked and looked at this cover, and it had to be one of the hardest yet!!
But, then I remembered years ago, before our wonderful scrapbook store
shut it's doors, they had a paper crafters "garage sale" of sorts.....
you could bring in all your  unwanted stuff, they gave you a number and you sold it...
I had picked up this HUGE bag of old labels and vintage prints and such...perfect
for this challenge.....so here it is...
I focused on the words, colors, the photos  and just the vintage feel of it...... 
the center photo is an old playing card, the jack of hearts to be exact!!

4 comments:

Darlene said...

WOW! Awesome job ... you work fast! LOVE the elements you put together on this creation! This was a HARD ONE but I'd say we both reign successful!!! LOL
Have a great evening and day tomorrow!

Kristi said...

wow, you nailed it! That is a hard challenge for sure!

Ros Crawford said...

Well you totally rock this one!! That's amazing!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my goodness, you rose to the challenge beautifully! I'd never guess you weren't 100% comfortable with this style. Fabulous card, Diane!