Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Kiss Me Vintage Valentine

Okay, I have to say I LOVE Valentines Day (pun intended..lol)...
Just something about it being the "Sweetest Day".....
I never know what to expect from the hubby...
sometimes it's something really nice, sometimes something silly, and sometimes
"nothing at all"....
He knows I love Brighton Jewelry ~ it's almost all I wear 
(well besides my clothes I mean)...
one year he bought me an entire set, necklace, earrings, bracelet...
all red ruby hearts and silver...
love...sigh!
Then there was the year he bought me a heart shaped Dairy Queen cake...
he loves them, I don't...ugh!!
That's the kind of guy he is...always full of surprises...
One year for my birthday he got me new tires for my car, 
a John Deer Gator for Mother's Day
and a Marquis Diamond for our anniversary...
what can I say, but I am always, always surprised!


So anywho,  I love vintage Valentines, the more vintage the better, maybe because
I am a bit "vintage" myself..lol...(just a bit mind you)!!!
Sooooooooooo, I made this Valentine for the challenge at 
Cheery Lynn Designs which is Sweethearts....
I decided NOT to load it up, but let the gorgeous lace frame "speak" for itself,
let alone the Scroll-ie Heart!!
I added my Kiss Me heart...and it is popped up, as is my tiny glitter cupid...
I wish that showed how popped he is, cuz he really stands out.
Just before Christmas (those stinkers, right when money is the tightest..lol) Cottage Cutz
had a 50% off sale of all their dies...so I was able to "sneak" in a few 
(those grandkids didn't need all those Christmas presents anyhow)...
and this was one of them..isn't he the cutest???

I used to list all my supplies used at the end of my post...
and I decided to start doing that again...
that way, "IF" you do read through my blog, you won't have to read that part unless you want to!!

Here we go...supplies used:
Cheery Lynn Designs dies Lattice Heart & Vines AND Dutch Scallop Square Frame
MS Kiss Me punch
Cottage Cutz Cupid
DS paper Crate Paper Fourteen


10 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

Your post made me laugh! I would have gone mad if I'd got some of those kind of gifts ... then again I just got cake for my Anniversary ... not even one like!
Gorgeous card Diane ... loving little cupid there ... hope he brings something special for you this year

Darlene said...

LOL ... 'love that Greg!'
This card is GORGEOUS! Simple yet STUNNING! Great job girl!

I used to get GEMS for the holidays but they haven't come out with any new gems the past few years so I usually get ROSES ... sometimes up to 3 dozen. Of course, I have to arrange them myself since he did send me through the Floral Academy! LOL!

Lisa said...

Oh wow, this is absolutely gorgeous, Diane!! The dies you used are so beautiful!! The sparkly little cupid is just adorable!! Love this!! Happy Wednesday my friend :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

newfiecrafter(Marilyn) said...

Wow love this card and the frame sure showcases it . That little sparkly cupid is too cute . Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment . Good luck in the cahllenge

Leslie Miller said...

What a gorgeous traditional style Valentine! The sparkly Cupid is so, so cute! I'm never certain what's in store for Valentine's Day, either. There will most likely be flowers and candy, but if there's something he knows I've been wanting it just may turn up on the next occasion. One year for Mother's Day I got a wheelbarrow. Sounds odd, but it was just my size and I loved it.

Anonymous said...

Eileen L. said...

Such a pretty card. Love your card base with the dies really sets it off so nice. Hey....at least your odds of getting SOMEthing is good, LOL.

Sherrie K. said...

Gorgeous Valentine's Day card! The shape is so pretty and love the sparkly cupid...adorable!
Sherrie K

Dianne said...

Hello Miss Diane, this is the most beautiful valentine card I have seen, wow it's just gorgeous, thanks for sharing..

Debbie's Time Out said...

Diane the reds are very striking on the white doily. I like the cupid among the heart and vines.
Thanks for joining the Cheery Lynn Designs challenge. Best of Luck to you.

shulsart said...

Wow, this is so pretty, love the bold red heart! Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.