Thursday, February 13, 2014

Birthday "Pocket"

It's a "sunshiney" day here today...yah...I LOVE the sun..
it makes me happy, (well except it shows me all the dusting I need to do)

How do you pick a challenge to do??
do you make a project, then find a place to enter?
Or, do you pick a challenge, then make a project for that challenge??
Me, I find a challenge that right away grabs my attention...
then, I might find a few more places to enter it after it is done!!


So this morning I found this fun challenge at "a little red wagon" for "pockets"!
It just so happens, when I was pulling things out of my stash, that one was an
already stamped and cut pocket!

As I mentioned in a few posts back, I have these clear bags with things I cut,
stamped, colored, etc...just bits and pieces of things that I have sorted by
color in the bags....the pocket and flower came from the "blue" bag.....
I am making myself use some of these up here and there.

The pocket was stamped on watercolor paper for a white denim look...
It is a Unity stamp...the flower is an SU, stamped and punched.


I made my cute birthday tag with a bit of embossing at the top and
stamped with another SU stamp...

The background designer paper, I picked up an entire 4 12/ x 6 1/2 pad at a
garage sale last Spring.  There is this girl that has a sale every Spring and
I have not missed it for years.  She sells lots of paper, stamps, Sizzix dies for
so cheap that I buy lots...this little pad of Die Cuts With A View has 72 sheets
and it was only $1.25!!!!!

Well, that's it for me today...I have to head out while the weather is good!!!

Challenges entered:

8 comments:

Darlene said...

SO adorable Diane and a great way to use up those 'pieces' you already have cut, colored and sorted! Love the use of plaid with this pocket ... just adorable!!

Lisa said...

This is so adorable!! I love the pocket and how you added the ruffle!! The background paper is fabulous!! What a fun card!! I want to go with you to the garage sale this spring!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Dianne said...

Hey Miss Diane, this is a brilliant little card, love the plaid, I love your using up all the goodies you made, that tag inside is so sweet, thanks for sharing and I hope you have a wonderful weekend..

Leslie Miller said...

So cute! I still have that SU! punch, too. LOVE the pretty sentiment. Heck of a deal on the paper. DCWV always has pretty paper with LOTS in a pad. Hard to resist, but especially for $1.25! I don't get around to many challenges, but when I do it's challenge first, then card.

Colleen Dietrich said...

This is precious! I recognize the flower and sentiment by SU...I have those stamps, too. The pocket looks unfamiliar, but it is darling.

Thanks so much for leaving love at my place recently, and Happy Valentine's Day!

Anonymous said...

What a cute pocket and design, I love it!!!

Ros Crawford said...

Such a sweet card ... love your little pocket there ... Hope you are staying warm

Joanne said...

Your card is super sweet! I especially love the little ribbon ruffle on the pocket! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon :)
Joanne xo