Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Down On The Farm

Hello All,
This week the challenge at "The Sisterhood of Crafters" is "Animals!!
I had so many things to choose from it was mind boggling..lol!!
I decided to go with this super cute "Stacked Animal" stamp from Cottage Cuts.
I really wanted to use Copics on it, but I am still building up my "Copic" stash
and just didn't have enough colors to "shade" with..
So I choose to use my TH Distress markers and did a bit of water coloring!!
I added a bit of "Wink of Stella" here and there.
The edges were distressed and I sponged on some TH "Old Paper" ink.



Being farm animals and all, I decided gingham was in order, but once I pulled out
my lily bee design 6 x 6 Double Dutch paper pad with the gingham papers, it also
had this cute country looking paper in it with all these circles...perfect right....but
dang it, I ended up covering most of it anyhow and you can barely see it..lol!!

So I did end up using some gingham with my ribbon  my brad, plus the little banner!!!

Inside I am putting a computer generated greeting:
 "I hope your birthday stacks up to all you thought it would be".....

I hope you will pop on over to "The Sisterhood blog" and see what all the other "Sistah's"
have designed for you and join in the challenge with us!!!
See "ya'all" there (sorry, couldn't resist, being "down on the farm and all!!!)

Entering In The Following challenges:

Creative Card Crew .... #58 "Animals"
and
Through The Craft Room Door .... "Anything Goes"
and
Crafty Calender Challenge .... Animal Antics

12 comments:

Jacquel said...

Lol!!! Love your sense of humor as well as your card! Cute image & nice coloring Diane....thank you for having me as your guest this month!!!

jimlynn said...

Super cute!!! I love this little "country" card and your coloring with the distress markers is wonderful.
Lynn

Darlene said...

LOL This is such a cute creation! Like Jackie said ... love your sense of humor and it's sure to bring a smile! Great job Sister!

Lisa said...

This is so absolutely adorable!! What a fun image!! You colored them perfectly with your TH markers!! I love the gingham ribbon and banners!! What a fabulous card my friend!! I love it!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my gosh! Love this! LOVE it! I have the perfect image for this challenge but doubt I could get a card made in time. It's been on my to do list for too long. LOVE the banner, the image, and all the FUN! Great card, Diane!!!

Ros Crawford said...

This is such a fun card and I can see that paper ... Looks fabulous!

Anet's Crafting said...

Adorable card Diane, I love the cute image and pretty paper.

bumblebee creations said...

oh my goodness, another magnificent card Diane!!! I LOVE this one too.....love the country look of it!

Unknown said...

couldn't go past this card without making a comment! I love the image!! It's a fab card-your gingham paper was a great idea to match it! thank you for joining us at Creative Card Crew animal challenge!Irene DT xx

Jo said...

Fab, fun card & the gingham is just perfect! Thanks for joining us over at Crafty Calendar this time & good luck!
hugs Jo x

Dwie lewe rączki said...

Sweet, sweet, sweet! Lovely card. Thanks for joining our challenge at Creative Card Crew.
Hope to see you next time.
Yvonne

Blueboreale (Aurore) said...

Cette carte est sympa !
Merci pour ta participation au creative card crew challenge
Bises