Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Thinking of You Birthday

This is my post going live today at
Pop on over and leave a comment
if you have the time.
Don't forget you can use my code
anytime to save 10% on your order.
The card was designed using the inspiration photo below
for our challenge "Thoughtful"


Hello Classy Friends.
Diane here with you today with my card for our newest challenge
"Thoughtful"!
Now my card isn't a true "thoughtful" card but more of a
I am thinking of your birthday type of card.
Make sense?  Probably not, but I had already adhered the 
Happy Birthday down and it's staying put..lol!


  I started with a background paper from Bellisima A5 paper pack
which I distressed before adhering down.


The gorgeous lattice circle is a Joy! Crafts die Billie's Circle .
Next I made a  flower, by  using a gold metallic ink
and stamping it with Heartfelt Creations Ariana Blooms set,
then cut it out with Heartfelt Creations Ariana die set.
While I had both the dies and stamps out, 
I cut many more as shown below to use at a later date.


After the flowers were stamped and cut, I added TH Distress inks
Picked Raspberry and Worn Lipstick, blending the colors a bit
I flipped the flowers over and spritzed with the Spritzer Bottle
Paper Blossoms Tool Kit to form the flower.  
Once the flowers were colored, I did go back and
sponged on more of the gold metallic ink to the petal edges.


I added a Memory Box Evershan Branch I cut from a black
piece of discarded packaging. (Beverly can order this die for you)

A tiny bird was made using Meadow Branch Bird.
The top of the bird was cut using So Silk Fair Blue 130# card stock.
and the bottom with Champaign Neenah Pearlized Metallic 105# card stock.


I hope you enjoyed my card today...I would love to hear your thoughts!!

Entering the following challenges:
Craft Your Passion .... Anything Goes
Crafting From The Heart .... Anything Goes
Monday Mood Board.... Inspired by the Colors
613 Avenue Create .... Anything Goes
Cupcake Inspirations .... Inspiration Photo
Inspirational Challenge .... Rose Colors





12 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

Gorgeous card Diane!! I love that dramatic black against the pink and how cute is that little bird!

Darlene said...

GORGEOUS! Your flowers are always so amazing and this one is right there on the top of the list! LOVE the design and that little bird is such a cute addition! Another fabulous creation! Well done my friend!!

Diane said...

Oh what dimensions, details and design.

Hugs Diane

Lisa said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!! The flower looks amazing!! I love the background die you used!! And the bird is so sweet!! Stunning card my friend!! Love your take on the inspiration photo!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my, you sure made that flower gorgeous! You'd never know it had such humble beginnings, but all colored up and put together in layers -- amazing! Beautiful card!

Tina said...

beautiful, lovely details and cute flower
thanks for sharing at cupcake inspirations

Tina
sweetie dt

Nance said...

Beautiful card. That flower looks real! And love that lattice doily! Thanks for sharing it at Cupcake Inspirations! Hope you join us again!

Indy's Designs said...

Gorgeous flower! Love the little splash of blue on the bird! So glad you were inspired by our flowers theme challenge at Cupcakes Inspirations!
Hugs, Debbie, DT Sweetie

Pia Larsen said...

The flower is gorgeous!
Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational for our "Rose colours" challenge. Sincerely hope you will join us again soon.
Pia xx

Nina Dee said...

Wow! What a beautiful bloom! Thanks for playing with us at Cupcake Inspirations this week :)

Nonni said...

Great card, I like all the dimension! Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational. We have just begun with a new challenge (it's a photo inspiration), I hope you'll play along again!

whoistracy said...

I just love that big flower you added here, so pretty! So glad you could join in with my Monday Mood Board!