Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Dreaming Of A White Christmas

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas
so much so that our theme being hosted by Team Diane is
Dreaming of a White Christmas and using the mood board
I created below.


I don't know where you live, but it sure looks like we are
going to have a white Christmas here in Michigan.
Not only white but very cold...brrrrr!



I made my card with a new die I purchased.
It is from X-Cut and one of  their 'shadowbox' dies.
The dies come with 4 layers and you just keep stacking
them one on top of the other.
I popped each layer up on mine.
It takes a bit to get the hang of it
(which I haven't yet...lol)
but practice makes perfect as they say.




This die is intended to make the cuts in 4 shades of green,
which will be my next one I make.



The stag head you see also comes with the die
as well as a flying eagle, which I haven't used this time.
I covered the stag head in glue, then sprinkled
Sparkle N Sprinkle  Twinkling Clouds on.

Make sure and head on over to the
Double D Challenge and see what
the design teams have to  show you,
as usual they have once again done a FABULOUS job!!

Entering the following challenges:
Scrapy Land .... ATG
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge .... Ice
ice-inspo

11 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Diane, this is stunning. Loving the WOW which makes it suit the theme perfectly.xxx{aNNie}

Ros Crawford said...

This is so pretty Diane! I love the layers!

Darlene said...

WOW what a unique die and this is awesome! Can't wait to see it done up in other colors! LOVE what you've put together ... fantastic scene! AWESOME!

Kathy Krug said...

Beautiful card. Love all the layers and the white on white. I have had my eye on several of the X cut dies like this. Question.... Could the top layer be covered with acetate to make a shaker card?

Unknown said...

YOWZA! I love the all white theme and all of your FABULOUS layers, that die and your craftiness is AHMAZING! The snowy trees and the white boughs sure put a frosty spin on the Holiday! That stag is awesome, we actually had 3 deer run through our yard today, a mama and 2 babies, a first for us!

Leslie Miller said...

Wow! That's SOME die set and what an awesome result! Even if it wasn't popped up it would look amazing. You know I'm going to have to go check this out now, and I told myself I wasn't getting any new dies for a while. It looks fabulous in white and I can just imagine the green, too. Can't wait to see that one as well. Totally gorgeous, Diane!

Lisa said...

Oh my goodness, this is stunning Diane!! I love the white on white!! So elegant!! The layers and sparkle are amazing!! What a beautiful card my friend!! Love, love it!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Amelia Breytenbach said...

This is so beautiful Diane. The layers are lovely and add so much dimension to the card.

Vicki said...

Gorgeous card, Diane! I love the dimension that you created with this die cut. Beautiful!

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Diane! Such a wonderful use of dies & dimension.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx

Lilian said...

Love this! So cool!!!
Lilian
The Leaf Studio