Sunday, June 4, 2017

Just 'Some' Butterflies

I first want to say that my heart goes out to all the people in
London right now and I am keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers.
Our best friends have a daughter that just arrived in London
with a college group a day ago.
She is alright, though maybe a bit frightened and homesick....
I will be happy when she is back home again safe....
if there is a safe place anymore!!

Today I have a pretty and very 'pink' card.


I used an older EB folder and love how it embossed so deeply
that it let some of the white of the paper show...
at first I was annoyed lol, but then decided I really liked the effect!

The die I used is Tutti Designs Love Butterfly Duo.
This is another one of my favorite dies with all it's pretty details.
I cut a second die from a pink paper, then just trimmed off one
of the butterflies, added a flower to the center.

Entering the following challenges:
In The Pink .... Embossing
Crafty Friends .... Make It Pink

8 comments:

Donna Phelan said...

Those are fabulous butterflies, love the layered look! So pretty!

Leslie Miller said...

That is a very pretty die and the pink is awesome! Love how you made the one butterfly from the pink patterned paper. I believe I have that embossing folder. Yes, makes me ill the way innocents are targeted. What does that accomplish?

Lisa said...

Pretty in pink!! I love the beautiful butterflies!! The embossing is fabulous!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Ina G said...

Beeeeeeeeeutiful card in such bright pinks! Yes that is an oldie but a goodie embossing folder - still love it. Makes a gorgeous background. Love the die cut and finish with the flower and pearls. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Us Girls this week Diane.

Ros Crawford said...

What a pretty pink card today Diane ... The die cuts are lovely!
Yes it's sad what is going on here right now ... Manchester is only 40 minutes from us and the bombing at the concert was horrific too with young people dying. My friend's 2 young daughters were at the concert ... Thankfully they are ok but it's very worrying...

Tammy said...

What a gorgeous card Diane! I love the embossed background and that beautiful butterfly die!Thanks so much for joining us at Crafty Friends!
Tammy x

Lisa Kind said...

What a great die and the embossed background is very pretty. Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

Annette said...

Fabulous embossing and that hot pink is FABULOUS!
Hugs
Annette - Netty's Cards
xx
Proud to design for :
Lili of the Valley,
Dies to Die For,
In The Pink Challenge
Squirrel's not-so-random Challenge
As You Like It Challenge.