Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Happy Halloween

I needed a little DT break and something to get me excited to create
and I saw this challenge at
and decided it was just the inspiration I needed.
I did watch the video as recommended and I can 
see myself sitting down this winter making an
entire selection of these cards!
I do have the TH water color paper as suggested, 
however I couldn't find where I had stashed it..lol!


Entering the following challenges:
Just Us Girls .... Block Watercolor Stamping

I did 3 of these panels for cards and will show the other 2 later today.
I actually made these on Sunday, but they had to sit awhile (2 days..lol)
while I figured out what I wanted to do with them.

First up is a panel if did with TH Distress Inks
Carved Pumpkin, Dusty Concord and Mustard Seed (I think)....



Well these colors certainly reminded me of Halloween
so I chose an oldie but goodie stamp set from SU 'House of Haunts'
I embossed my house and sentiment with
Sparkle N Sprinkle Black Detail embossing powder 
by first inking with Versamark.



I have to admit that my acrylic blocks for this technique were
covered with glue and etc., so I had to first clean my blocks with
'Goo Gone', which led me to cleaning all my scissors, tweezers and
bone folders as well.....
do you ever do that, it's like when i clean up my clutter in the kitchen,
take what goes into another room, 
then see something in that room that goes somewhere else, 
pick it up and go to the next room and on and on...
NOT a very good use of my time..lol...but that's how I operate...
anyhow, once I had all my tools cleaned I managed to finish not one but THREE cards!!!



5 comments:

Macimbalo said...

What a great Halloween card! I love how you used the trend to make your colorful spooky background! Thanks for playing along with JUGS this week!

Donna Phelan said...

Oh I love how you created that cool background! Fun Halloween card!

Lisa said...

It's so gorgeous!! The colors are fabulous!! I love the background...perfect for the haunted house!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Bobby said...

I think you're right, Diane. You have to look at the panels and let them speak to you about what images to put with them. I'd say you hit it out of the park with your haunted house on the 'Halloween' colors. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Just Us Girls.

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my gosh, that's the perfect background to make your spooky Halloween house really pop! I always say I'm going to sit and make a bunch of watercolor backgrounds, but it never happens. I say a lot of things and a lot of things don't happen. So much going on here these days. I need a vacation from retirement!